- It is possible to make reservations through Internet to El Monte with pre-payment and we will be pleased to send you details regarding how to make your international deposit.
- If you are already in Ecuador, please stop by at least a day in advance to make your pre-payment at our office:
If pre-payment is not made within 24 hours of arrival date to El Monte, space can not be assured. This is very important because we have limited space at our lodge.
OUR PRICEAll based on $130 per person per night and includes private cabaña, all meals, and a Spanish-speaking Naturalist Guide.
Price includes:1 night/2 days, 2 nights/3 days, 3 nights/4 days...
under 4 years-old stay free, 0 to 9 stay for half price, 11 and up full price.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All reservations will have the status of "request" until the reception of the confirmed date of travel and deposit, then the status of the reservation will change to "confirmed".
Inside the general rules, El Monte reimburses:
- 100% - 6 months before the tour
- 80% - 5 months before the tour
- 60% - 4 months before the tour
- 50% - 3 months before the tour
- 25% - 2 months before the tour
- 0% - 1 month or less before the tour
This policy is effective regardless of the motive of the cancellation.
- Nature walks.
- Water falls, swimming.
- Butterfly Farm
- Orchid Garden
- Canopy Cable Car and Primary Forest Walk (Nambillo)
- Horseback Riding, contracted from the town of Mindo
- Mountain Biking, contracted from the town of Mindo
- Cock-of-the-Rock Lek (great for non-birders as well)
Club Winged Manakin Lek (now not guaranteed due to natural disturbance in the area).
SUGGESTED READING LISTThe Birds of Ecuador: Field Guide (2001) By Robert Ridgely, Paul J. Greenfield, Frank Gill.
A Neotropical Companion (1999) By John Kricher and Mark Plotkin
Plants of Mindo, A Field Guide to the Common Species of the Cloud Forest (2008) By Tobias Policha
Tropical Nature, Life and Death in the Rainforests of Central and South America (1987) By Adrian Forsyth, Ken Miyata , Dr. Thomas Lovejoy
WHAT TO BRING
Binoculars, flashlight, light pants & long sleeved clothing, sun hat, sunglasses, natural insect repellent & sun protector, rain poncho or jacket, bathing suit, camera and high speed film (ASA 400 or higher for the deep woods lighting).
We have an inverter for our solar panels and so are able to power battery rechargers.
Crocs or other slip on and off shoes (easier for taking off shoes before entering cabañas)
WHAT NOT TO BRING
Please do not bring any type of pet, we have wildlife near our cabins and domestic animals may interfere with their habits. Also, it is not advisable to bring any type of noise or music maker. Malaria and yellow fever preventive medications are not necessary for a visit to Mindo. We provide rubber boots for our visitors, but do not have all sizes. Boots can be purchased in town for about $6.00.